Cost Segregation Services
Stop Overpaying Income Taxes
What is Cost Segregation?
Cost Segregation is an application by which commercial property owners can accelerate depreciation and reduce the amount of taxes owed.
A cost segregation study is a federal income tax tool that increases your near-term cash flow in the form of a tax deferral. In a study, the parts of your building that qualify for shorter recovery periods are identified, quantified, and classified to produce additional depreciation deductions which reduce the amount of taxes owed.
Commercial building and income property owners have used cost segregation studies for years. These studies have resulted in advantageous depreciation deductions for taxpayers and have become a common method of depreciation.
At CSSI®, we provide cost segregation services to commercial property owners so they can significantly increase their cash flow.
The benefits of getting cost segregation services from CSSI® include:
Cost Segregation Services -
Three Simple Steps to Stop Overpaying Income Taxes
Step 1: Analyze
Request your complimentary CSSI® Property Analysis. This is a preliminary review that includes:
- Increased cash flow analysis
- Net present value of the savings
- An associated cost and simple process outline to complete the study
Step 2: Review
Upon engagement, CSSI® will:
- Consult with you and your tax professional regarding your tax savings
- Evaluate the building’s construction costs by component and building systems
- Review all construction documents, including blue prints, as-built drawings, demolition plans, and available project specifications
- On-site inspection and walk-through to photographically document building components, systems, site improvements, and any renovations
Step 3: Complete
Your CSSI® Study is performed and completed within approximately six weeks. This includes:
- Reclassifying each building component into more appropriate tax lives as prescribed by tax code guidelines
- Allocating indirect costs to each asset
- Delivering a written report with the asset detail supporting the reclassification and completion of the necessary tax forms
- Assisting your tax professional in the completion of all applicable tax forms