Cost segregation separates the different components of a commercial property owner’s building. This accelerates their building’s depreciation, reducing the amount of income taxes owed on the property. The standard class lives for a commercial building are 27.5- and 39-year on a depreciation schedule, but with a cost segregation study, the class lives for many building components drop down to 5-,7-, and 15-year.
CSSI® performs cost segregation studies that result in a significantly faster depreciation rate, and greatly reduced taxable income. Our cost segregation studies provide North Carolina commercial property owners with enormous increases in cash flow. Money saved by utilizing cost segregation services can be spent however business owners see fit. Many of our past clients were able to reinvest into their businesses, even eliminate debt, and fuel their businesses through rough patches.
Can a Cost Segregation Study Be Applied to Your North Carolina Property?
Tax code rulings state that a cost segregation study can be applied to buildings purchased or built after December 31, 1986, including renovations. There is no need to amend your tax return.
CSSI® team members provide flawless cost segregation studies that provide you and your tax professional with the calculations for depreciation rates of different components and building systems. These calculations can be utilized for the “Repair Regulations”.
Learn More About Repair Regulations
Cost segregation studies can be applied to many types of commercial buildings. Building components can be separated and accelerated into shorter depreciation class lives with a cost segregation study.
Common components include:
- Carpet, flooring, and decorative molding
- Window treatments and coverings
- Built-in cabinets and countertops
- Paving and sidewalks
- Landscaping, irrigation, and fencing
- And More
CSSI® Provides Excellent Cost Segregation Services To North Carolina Businesses
CSSI® has been providing high quality cost segregation services to North Carolina businesses since 2003. Each member of our professional team is highly skilled, experienced, and dedicated. We make it easy for North Carolina commercial property owners to save on their income taxes. No matter what kind of commercial property you own or where you’re located, we can provide you with a cost segregation study that will earn you tremendous tax savings. We offer a no-cost analysis so you can see your potential savings without any risk. Let the experts at CSSI® show you just how much you could save in taxes this year.
Call CSSI® to Save Big on Taxes
1. Fill out the form at the top of the page to be contacted by a representative.
2. A representative will contact you to discuss your property and provide you a no-cost predictive analysis to show how much you could save.
3. CSSI® will begin your engineering-based cost segregation study. Your study is normally completed in four to six weeks, after which we provide the cost segregation study to you and your tax professional.
4. CSSI® will help your tax professional apply the study results to your tax return.